2. Larry cares about people: Larry founded Cross Safe WeHo and called for the establishment of the Pedestrian Safe Zones. You can call him 24/7 and he will pick up the phone 7 days a week any hour.
3. Larry publicly lobbied to close the divide/feud between council member John Heilman & Mayor John D'Amico: He stood up for civility when John Heilman would not shake John D’amico’s hand for 2 years and kept demanding that ‘we deserve a city council that works together and reasons with eachother’ .. even going as far as calling Heilman a sissy.. and by the next meeting the 2 shook hands & the council is now united.
4. Larry believes in the voices of the people: Larry was a key player in the invitation of term limits by helping to contribute to the language that became law. He loves the City of West Hollywood and hopes to serve the people of the city not the developers. You can count on him to call you back.
5. Larry is an Advocate: Larry was the President of Labor Day LA and raised over $100,000 for our local social service organizations. Larry walked door to door with Drian Juarez of the Trangender Advisory Board to help shape this years Transgender Job Fair on November 17th into a Trangender Job and Career Fair and he even manned the Keller Williams Real Estate booth to offer people careers, not just jobs. Larry also walked door to door with Robert Gamboa, chairman of the Gay and Lesbian Advisory Board securing the prizes for the first ever Sizzle – Sober New Years Eve Party to help make it successful. His advocacy for new ideas in Rent Stabilization for ‘swapping’ units to help seniors and those with disabilities move from the 2nd floor to a 1st floor was the first new idea in Rent Stablizaion in years.
6. Larry's a seasoned Commissioner in the WeHo Political arena: He’s a John D’Amico appointee to the Disability Advisory Board & his peers elected him chairman of the Disability Advisory Board unanimously after 10 months of service.
7. Larry is Queer as Folk: Larry led the fight for the rainbow flag on city hall and when it came down he didn’t give up. His efforts have embedded the LGBT identity on West Hollywood’s global footprint. He was the first one to call for naming of the intersection of Santa Monica and San Vicente LGBT square. He founded one of the first gay brands Y.M.L.A. in the 1990’s that went national Y.M.L.A was in the INC 500 fastest growing companies in America twice. He will do what's needed to protect and enhance our LGBT identity.
8. Larry cares about Business & wants to relax parking restrictions: Larry asked the city council to keep fighting for the business improvement district in Boystown and offered to put a merchants association together single handedly. He advocates and continues to fight for free parking on Sundays & was against the increase in the parking meters.
9. Larry is 100% Civically Active & Present: He pitched an idea to the Disability Board about a Health fair and it resulted in the Health and Wellness fair that brought free flu shots to the City this past month. Larry attends more commission and board meetings than any other candidate because he enjoys it. He stood up to exclusive contracts such as the "no bid" contracts to Athens services and advocated for more honesty in government.
10. Larry is just like one of us: Larry's not a lawyer or a politician, the guy owned 4 stores in Boystown & he's also a home owner. He’s running for people not money. He's not afraid to tackle the status quo & will present practical solutions to the real problems we face at a city. Best of all Larry is open to new ideas and takes the time to understand both sides of an issue.
Plain & simple, Larry Block is not running for money he is running for people.
Neo & Imlay