Write For US!
Andrew Christian
12/29/12

RIP: Brian Putnam 12/23/12

Famed Gay LA Photographer Brian Putnam has passed after committing suicide over the holidays. Putnam was found in his apartment in West Hollywood. We remember Brian's kind smile fondly & he will be missed by everyone who knew him as we did.

A message from his sister:

"On Dec 23rd, my Dad and I were contacted by an LA police detective notifying us of his apparent suicide in West Hollywood. My Dad and I struggled for the past 15 months trying to help Brian fight his battle with alcohol and depression. I was able to pick up his car and personal items this past Thursday. I am so sad that he had isolated himself from family and friends and died alone when it didn't have to be."

May he Rest In Peace

xoxo
IMLAY

71 comments:

1. Seriously. Lucas and your team needs to do a better job of moderating the comments section. Enough is enough.

Replies
    1. "Enough Is Enough"...one of my favorite Babs Striesand songs evah!
      Thanks for reminding me!

2. @1:09
    I think that commenter was just offering what he had in kind. Nothing disrepectfull at all was ment.

ReplyDelete
  3. I would have bought him all the liqur he could drink if he was still here. He was one of a kind.

ReplyDelete
  4. I have endless fond memories of spending time with Brian when out and about. He always had a glowing smile and kind words. the time I spent with him was precious and far less than I would have liked. The world was a better place for his presence even if it was for tragically less time than I'd hoped.

Replies
    1. says the biggest mess in socal

2. Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!
      Well said, hunty!

3. DowntownMelissaBrownOnBlackTarHeroin!December 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Doesn't he run over people in his nasty wheelchair?
      Gawd, how I hate crips like that!

5. I need some jizzz in me

6. Very sad indeed.
    Let's all raise a glass-or glass pipe-in his memory.

ReplyDelete
  7. Sad to hear. I never met the man, but I feel for anyone who suffers from depression, it's such a hellish problem. I hope his loved ones know that he loved them despite his actions. And to anyone reading this who is plagued with depression, and yet lets it go untreated? Reach out, get some help in the new year. It's the best gift you can give to yourself and to everyone close to you.

Replies
    1. Oh wow! Finally, the Truth says something sincere and productive. I encourage you to keep this up.

2. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the next one!

3. And what posts are you reading of mine that you've found so offensive in the past? I'm just curious, that on a site where other posters slam anyone they see in a photograph... and they do so saying stupid junk like "I'd fuck him minus the condim" and spreading other negative gay stereotypes... I'm just curious why you're so driven to single me out?

4. Hunty, ALL of your posts are tired because you ARE a negative gay stereotype yourself!
      That's why you get singled out, capice?

5. Well fuck you NIGGER! I remember the nite i had to economy size bottle of popov he came right over did a belly dance for me and drank th enite away !! When he passed gass all nite it smeeld like como's! Fuck yah then the pipe came out and we inhaled for 6 to 9 hours straight taken pictures of asshol in 19191998 different postitions! Now that was The Truth!

6. Okay, seeing as how "The Truth" 1:29PM is not me, I will now investigate using a reserved name for future posts.

And along with "fucked him minus the condim" (sic) and other played out / annoying / dead-trend phrases like "amazeballs" and "awesomesauce," the use of "NIGGER" - in allcaps, nocaps, or regular caps - is also indicative of its users' mentality and comedic skill.

7. P.S. Oh yeah, add "hunty" to the played-out list. When you hear someone use that word, you know she's that drag queen from 2008 who nobody ever liked.

8. AndThisIsTheRealTruth!December 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

The only thing "played out" us your tired ass, and responses!
      Honestly, are you so fucking stupid you couldn't figure out how to post using Facebook or Google Plus?
      Whatever.
      You CLEARLY posted all of these "Truth" posts in an effort to make yourself seem self righteous and important.
      Guess what?
      No one cares.
      And seeing as how YOU used Nigger and the other phrases, yes, it definitely shows you have a room temperature IQ.
      And hunty isn't played out-RuPaul uses it all the time!
      So there.
      Go pound that "Truth" up your anal wart encrusted ass...MINUS THE CONDIM!

9. The guy wrote something nice about Brians' suicide and youre the fag who keeps attacking him here- why dont YOU go O.D.??

10. @11:38
      HOW DATE YOU TELL ANYONE TO "go O.D."!
      Unlike you, or the subject of this post, I know how to use drugs properly!
      You also conveniently ignored all the nasty shit "The Truth" wrote in a pathetic effort to get attention for himself!
      You need to be telling his sorry ass to "go OD", not mine!
      And finally, I'm not a fag, hunty!
      I'm as straight as John Travolta!

8. Ill raise a bottle of Popov in his memory!

9. Get it right. He OD-ed, he did not kill himself

Replies
    1. he did not od... Please don't speculate.

2. What did he OD on?
      Tweak?
      Cocaine?
      Benzos?

10. Very sad. No one has to be alone during the holidays. Please check out the resource page at tweakersproject.org.
    respectfully,
    jimmy

11. As a matter of fact I need to order some drugs for tonight

12. ^^^
    Me too!
    Thanks for the reminder, hunty!

ReplyDelete
  13. Hey everyone lets all drink tonight in his memory!! He loved to drink so let hold up a glass and toast him tonite!! A few drops of GHB wouldnt hurt!!!

14. MissCleoLoveztoPNP!December 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM

^^^
    Sounds like a swell plan to me, hunty!
    I have my bottle of G ready to go!
    Methinks a few lines of Special K would really improve the general situation in some pretty wonderful ways, too!
    Then later some Tina to kick things up a few notches!

ReplyDelete
  15. Brian was a friend of mine and it just makes me so sad that people write the things above with no respect. You people are disgusting.

Replies
    1. I am his sister... and from what I can tell by this website is that it represents the WORST, pond scum of the LGBT community. Such a sad state of human existence to denigrate the passing of a member of your community, a member of the community that never did you harm, a friend to many, a son, a brother, an uncle... please hold your vitriolic comments within your sorry souls.

2. Why, because people are raising a glass to his memory?
      Yeah, that's really "denigrating" his memory, isn't it?

3. Lets fuck and drink in his memory ! Up my ass everyone!

4. Great guy but a tortured soul. What I don't understand is in the conversations we had, he said he was disowned by his family for being gay. That was the root of his depression. I only know what was told to me but if this is completely true, it should be a lesson to the uninformed. I am very sorry for the loss of a truely wonderful guy.

16. Quens in weho are mean. They have no respect for art, knowledge, dignity, and especially, age. Older people in Weho should be respected for their knowledge, talent, abilities, stories, and last but not least their abilitly to have had survived. But they are not. They are as insignificant as the last miley cyrus track. And to hear people say "boo hoo" now isn't going to help that. It's all really about the lack of respect of people in general, whoever or whatever thier age is. So now give my my tina pipe while I wipe some salve on my anal warts!

Replies
    1. Honey, your anal warts are gonna need more than salve to get rid off.
      Try a blowtorch, maybe!
      And not all Weho queens have no appreciation for art and knowledge!
      I have a Masters and own several Warhol prints.
      So there!
      It's the nobodies championed on this site that bring the losers out of the woodwork!

17. Barbie Queue and myself wondered around his apartment building hoping we could break and steal any drugs that were left but there was a lot of polize activitie and decided to go.

ReplyDelete
  18. I love me some Barbie Queue!
    How has she been doing, Gurl?

ReplyDelete
  19. Well fuck me in the asshol minus the condim! Another one BITES the DUST!
    Fuck me bare
    I dont care!
    I dont have drugzs to spare!

20. ^^^
    A true poet and don't know it!
    Love the sentiment expressed, too!

Replies
    1. Thank you for recognizing mu talent!

2. I need some drugs....I need some liqur please some one bring me some special K

21. Tina Tina Tina were in my asshole are you?December 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I drank one bottle of Popov vodka in his memory last nite and smoked Tine fr half the nite then I took pictures of my asshol for 30 mins in his honor!

ReplyDelete
  22. Im going to miss his talents. Espcially his talent to DRINK!

ReplyDelete
  23. The coffin used as a theme in the last Mr Black, has been donated for his funeral. I put a mini ziploc bag with some white powder inside so he can take it with him on his journey to heaven

Replies
    1. Gurl now aint that thr truth!! Some nose candy on hi s journey!! Child, Ill floow you lead! Ill go steal a bottle of vodka at the corner store and shove it right up his asshole in the coofin! Fuck yah he will be in hog heaven!

2. That's incredibly generous, Missy!
      I hope you saved some of that white powder for the rest of us!
      Don't be cutting it up with baby laxative like last time, either!
      Lordy, I had the shits for DAYS!

24. Brian you were such a great friend and had an amazing smile. Everytime I saw you I expected one of the best hugs :-)
    You will be missed babe!

-Pej

Replies
    1. Pej - u fucking mess. why do you even invite the comments?

2. What, exactly, is a Pej?
      Didn't he get caught smoking Tina in Santee Alley?
      Or did he buy butt pads there?
      Or something.

3. Thanks Pej for saying something nice and from the heart. I didn't know him but I am sure he deserves a better send off than this nonsense. Great way to end the year with some class Weho Confidential, the right to free speech does not cover the racist, immature, self loathing bullshit on this page. If you want to bust on people like Jake and Reid and Marc they are fair game because they act like assholes and are getting what they deserve. This guy doesn't deserve this, he was a lost soul who in what must have been an hour of great despair gave up. I would normally say I hope you guys don't ever have to be in such a dark and desperate place, but in this case, not so much.

4. Pej IS a dark and desperate place!
      Trust me on this!
      His asshole is about as dark and desperate as it gets!

25. Will there be a funeral so I can give him a bottle of vodka I'm about to steal from CVS?

Replies
    1. Remember to buy Popov, it was his fav-o-rite!

26. Fuck me is the asshol !December 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I wonder if his sister new how much he loved it up the ass?
    I know I sure do !!
    Up my ass in my mouth, hell even in the belly button if they have a small one!!
    I wonder if he liked Boot Bumps as much as I do!!
    Nothing is like the sensation when there is coke up ur asshole and a hard slippery cock minus the condim!

27. BootyBumpsAreTheBestDecember 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM

^^^
    You speak the truth, hunty!
    Booty bumps are the best!

28. You fuck tardy with no respect should be ashamed

Rest in peace

Let this be a lesson to help eachother through all of our journeys.

Replies
    1. SHUT UP NIGGER! He was a drunk and and loved cock just ike you do and YOUR MOTHER ye si sed it your MOTHER!

29. ^^^
    Say WHAT?
    Next time, try to use real sentences that make sense.
    Maybe try putting down the Tina pipe for a few minutes before you post, mmmmkay????

ReplyDelete
  30. Hello, I lost my drinking friend...and my Tina lover friend....endless nite we would spend inhaling that warm vapors the pipe of Tina would have to offer us and we inuulged boy did we indulge...I dont know what to do tonite....I need a new tina friend is that you?

31. ^^^
    Honey, I'll be your Tina friend any night!
    Trust!

ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you Ms Cleo! I NEEEED that vapor of Tina in my lungs.......Im glad you know how it feels how it tastes.....

33. ^^^
    Oh, it tastes so good!
    As a wise girl once said on that great TV show "Intervention"..."Feels like I'm walkin' on sunshine!" (after she huffed an entire can of computer duster)

34. Niggers eyes whites in yur winder!December 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

May you rest tonite Bryan in piece and may yo have a vodka ENAMA up your asshole and a

camera's lens up the openeing of the SLIT of your cock!!! The two things you Love the most!!

35. he owed me 20 dollers

ReplyDelete
  36. Is there going to be a memeorial so maybe I can get the 20 dollers from the family?

ReplyDelete
  37. You guys are disgusting and part of what killed Brian. Here's a guy who just wanted someone to be nice to him, he picked the wrong city. Shameful. If this isn't a reminder to look after one another, give a fuck for once, you all deserve each other. A man was in desperate pain. He fought the same insecurities and addictions facing gay men in every city, only he had to pick the one where we kill and eat our own for sport. Fuck you all.

38. @1:00
    No, FUCK YOU, asshole, for accusing people posting on a website of somehow being responsible for this
    when it's clear it was his family that disowned him/treated him like shit.
    Can the self-righteous bullshit, gays were nice to him every day.
    It was his hateful family that caused this.
    Next time, get the facts before you make any more ill informed comments about something you know
    NOTHING about!

39. Rest in piece Brian Putnam you drugged out alcoholic
    Detox- good luck on rupauls show
    Bye bye Fruute at Pavillions shopping center
    Raja, sorry you could NOT get your friends in at the Abbey on NYE and asked NOT to perform
    Bobby Trendy you look like a clown but everyone knows who you are- so props to you
    Mellissa Brown- may you have enough white powder up your nose this year
    Anegelyne you are nothing but garbage
    Andrew Christian and Block party- please stay open so I can CONTINUE to shoplift from you
    24 hour fitness- thank you for letting me sneek in to cruise for sex w/o paying
    Allusia I hope you become 2 feet taller in time
    Vicky Vox I think you should win a contest this year

ReplyDelete
  40. Great guy but a tortured soul. What I don't understand is in the conversations we had, he said he was disowned by his family for being gay. That was the root of his depression. I only know what was told to me but if this is completely true, it should be a lesson to the uninformed. I am very sorry for the loss of a truely wonderful guy.

ReplyDelete

NOTICE: WeHo Confidential does not assume any responsibility for comments posted on articles. Furthermore, comments published under Aliases or as "Anonymous" currently remain private and confidential.